Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Upcoming Solo-Exhibition at Charles Nodrum Gallery, September 26 to October 19, 2013

My next exhibition is at Charles Nodrum Gallery, Melbourne, opening on September 26 and going to October 19.



Little Audrey, The Skipping Girl, 2012, oil on linen, 91.5 x 106.7cm


I've spent the last several years slowly developing the creation of new works for this exhibition. There will be paintings, like the one above and for the first time, monochrome paintings, as well as small oils on panels within handmade frames finished with black clay. Also for the first time I'll be exhibiting sculptures made from oil paint. These works have been years in the making, slowly being built up from the leftover paint from my palette. Finally there will be a hand coloured etching in the exhibition. Once again, something I've wanted to create for years and finally managed to get the first one made.